Answer Writing Practice For UPSC Mains Examination
Exams like the UPSC civil service examination require a lot of hard work and preparation. This examination is one of the toughest exams in India with the longest syllabus. There are many things that should be taken care of while preparing for the UPSC civil service examination. We have mainly discussed the UPSC mains of answer writing so you will find the complete information of the UPSC Mains examination answer writing practice questions. If you are an IAS aspirant, this article will be very helpful for you as you will get to know about every single detail of the UPSC civil service examination.
Must Check:- UPSC Coaching In Indore
Starting with the IAS examination, we all know that the IAS examination is conducted by UPSC. There are three main stages in the UPSC civil service examination. Firstly, we have a preliminary examination, after that the Mains examination and lastly, we have an interview section in the preliminary examination. the students have to give two papers and names examination the candidate has 9 papers the candidate who cleared Mains examination are allowed to give the interview one can take coaching if they wish to prepare for UPSC civil service examination under the guidance of best faculty member or the candidates can do self-study if they want to the preparation of UPSC civil service examination. The success in UPSC totally depends on the hard work and their dedication to the aim of cracking the UPSC civil service examination. It is very beneficial for the candidate if they join the best UPSC coaching institute in India for the preparation of the IAS examination. The coaching institutes will help you cover the syllabus mock test and study materials. The resources that are provided by the best coaching institutes are very beneficial for the students as they get a clear picture of the examination pattern and the questions that are asked in the examinations.
Why is Answer Writing Important?
Answer writing plays a very important role in UPSC civil service examination. It is a very natural question that was asked by a lot of candidates. Why is it important to know how to write the answer correctly? As you are already aware that the preliminary examination is an objective type question paper and the Mains examination is descriptive once, so in the Mains examination one must write the answer effectively to get the best results in the examination. It is not important to have a good quantity but quality one must learn how to write the best answer by including all the important points regarding every topic that has been asked in the question paper while preparing for the examination. A candidate must give equal time to the answer writing practice as it is very important for the candidates. It does not matter how much you have studied for the IAS examination but if you fail to write the answer correctly your study and hard work will be of no use one can get the best marks by writing the effective answers to qualify for the interview round. It is important that the candidate must clear the Mains examination and this is the only reason we are here to tell you and explain to you the tips for the UPSC mains answer writing.
How to write?
Now we will tell you how to write the answers for the UPSC Mains examination. Below we have given the sum of the points that are essential for writing the answers in the UPSC Mains examination. to know about more exam details and related information the candidate can visit the official website of UPSC.
- Time management is a key to success and it is known by everyone that time plays a very important role in the examination because it becomes very essential for the candidate to write the correct answer within a specific period of time. Completing the main paper is really a big task so answering writing practice will help you a lot one should start practicing by keeping an eye on the time and also the number of words.
- A candidate must start practicing the answer before 3 to 4 months of the UPSC Mains examination if they want to feel confident at the time of the examination.
- One of the most important points that should be noted is that one must know how to write the answer and this means a basic structure of the answer. So before referring to the answers that are written by the toppers you should refer to the other note that gives you the basic understanding of the answer writing for the UPSC civil service examination.
Tips for UPSC Answer Writing
Now we will discuss some of the tips for writing answers for the Mains examination.
- First of all the candidate should understand the question. It is a necessary thing that a candidate should analyze the questions and then answer them. For this, the candidates can refer to the question paper of previous years.
- Now the candidate should try to use the keyboards and highlight them in the answer or they can try to underline the important points.
- The candidate should develop the mental Framework on how they have to write the answer for any particular question. It is like the structure of the answer.
- The presentation of the answer plays a very important role and it is necessary for an IAS aspirant to write the answer with good handwriting by providing the best headings and subheadings. It is also required that the candidates should put tables for some of the questions.
- Simple language should be used that is clear and understandable. There is a possibility of losing marks if every candidate does not use clear and understandable language.
- The candidate should answer in the pointers form rather than paragraphs. This plays a vital role in getting higher scores in the examination.
- The candidate should write the answer within the limit provided.
- When we talk about the essay paper the candidate has to write a 1000 or 1200 word limit for the short notes section in the optional paper the candidate needs to write 150 words per question.
- In the general studies paper, the candidates have to write 200 words. The questions are usually optional based on this examination.
- We are talking about the answer writing practice so one needs to practice very nicely for the Mains examination as this is a descriptive paper and it is important for a candidate to write in a good manner.
Answer Structure UPSC Answer Writing
After getting a good picture of how to write the answers and how to frame the answers for the UPSC Mains examination we are here to see the answer structure for the UPSC answer writing. The answers of the UPSC answer writing include three main parts: introduction, main body, and the conclusion.
- The introduction part covers 10 to 15% of the complete answer and you can write up to 15 to 25 words in the introduction part.
- The main body starts with the most important points and the candidates have to write the chronology of the fix one must write the effect-based and opinion-based answers. If you include both positive and negative answers you can divide them into two parts to explain every point as required.
- in The last part is the conclusion, the candidate has to balance the production of the whole answer and you have to begin it with a simple sentence that brings all the main points of the answer the candidate can write about 25 to 30 words out of 200 words
Type of Questions
Under this subheading, we will discuss the type of questions for a better idea of the daily answer writing for the UPSC Mains examination. There are three types of questions that are asked in the UPSC Mains examination that includes comment examination or discussion-based.
- In the comment-based answer, the question will be asking for your comment or your own opinion about any particular topic.
- In the exam question, you have to give an analysis and you can include causes, implications, and other ways forward for the answer.
- For the discussion-based question, you can discuss the answer by explaining or mentioning the positive or negative and strengths or weaknesses of any particular thing.
In this article, we have discussed the daily mains answer writing practice. We have explained all the essential topics and points that will help the candidate in writing proper answers for the examination. We know that the UPSC civil service examination is one of the toughest examinations that is conducted in India. IAS examination is attempted by a lot of candidates and very few candidates get selected in this examination. There are three levels in this examination and every level is very important to reach another level. The preliminary examination is objective type so it is not very necessary to know about the answer writing at that time. but it is very necessary to frame your answer correctly for the main examination as this examination is descriptive. If you find this article of importance, you should definitely read this article and follow the pointers provided in this article for writing the answers in the Mains examination. The candidates will find different details in this article regarding the answer writing of the Mains examination. We hope that this article is helpful for you and if you have any query or suggestion you can definitely contact the mentioned below.
Frequently Asked Questions:-
How can I improve my answer writing skills?
Ans:- one can improve their answer writing skills by practicing the previous year’s question papers are mock tests. As we all know that answer writing plays a very important role in securing good scores in the UPSC mains examination it has become very important for the candidate to improve the answer writing skills for this the candidate can do a practice writing the answers with the help of the online mock test series for test series that are available online. The candidate can also refer to the answers written by the toppers.
Where can I practice the answer for the IAS Mains examination?
Ans:- There are a lot of platforms that provide answer writing practice sessions for the Mains examination. The candidate can also refer to the answers written by the toppers. The candidates can also practice with the help of the mock test papers that are available online and the previous year’s question papers. The other thing is the candidate should start preparing for the answer writing before the examination so that they know how they have to frame their answer for the main examination.
What is the Answer for the UPSC writing?
Ans:- it is important for a candidate to mention every essential point in the answer writing for the UPSC Mains examination. The main role is played by the answer writing or answer structure that is mentioned in the answer sheet of a candidate. The candidate who is going to appear for UPSC civil service examination must know how they have to frame the answer and they have to complete it. We mention the essential points in the answer sheet.