List of literature optional subjects in UPSC
A lot of candidates think about what optional subjects they should choose for the main examination. the two options contribute towards the 500 marks in the final tally and it is an important decision of a candidate to choose one optional subject that should be made after some consideration the most popular optional subjects that are taken up by the candidates are geography, sociology public administration, and others the literature subjects as optional and not more popular for some reasons but there have been some of the toppers in past who have to use in literature subjects as optional. In this article, you will know about the literature subjects and what a candidate should do if they are choosing a literature optional subject for the preparation for the UPSC civil service examination.
Must Check:- UPSC Coaching In Indore
The most important decision in the UPSC examination is to select an optional subject with a total of 500 marks only depending on the optional subject paper and because of this these decisions must be made with extreme caution. Optional subjects like public administration geography history sociology are very popular among the students and the literature optional is not that popular however there are some toppers who have taken up literature optional in the past. Here in this article, you will explore the literature optional for UPSC that you can take and score well with the help of the strategy provided in this article.
Give the list of the optional subjects in UPSC
Following is the list of the optional subjects in UPSC that a candidate can prepare for choose for UPSC mains:-
|Animal Husbandry and Veterinary Science||Geology||Political Science & International Relations|
|Commerce and Accountancy||Mechanical Engineering||Zoology|
Optional subject for UPSC
The candidate should wisely make a choice for the optional subject as you will get 500 marks which is quite a considerable weightage that will Boost Your scores in the UPSC examination out of a total of 9 papers in the UPSC Mains examination. The two papers depend on the optional subject that is used by the candidate. The optional papers in the UPSC Mains examination are 250 marks each with a total of 500 marks and these scores are counted in the merit list and can give a good boost to the scores of a candidate. The aspirants who are appearing for the UPSC examination must take up their Minds before filling their UPSC application form as afterward there will be no change in the optional subject in UPSC civil service examination. The optional subject is of so much importance and because of which the candidate should choose an optional subject after doing proper analysis and research so that you do not regret it later.
List of literature optional subjects for UPSC
following are the literature subjects in UPSC:-
What are the rules to select an optional subject for UPSC?
The candidates get an option to select the optional subject as per their choice but there are some rules to select the optional subject for the UPSC examination. UPSC can be a big dream of a lot of candidates and for which they definitely need to succeed in the examination. There are some points that a candidate should keep in mind while selecting an optional subject for the preparation of the UPSC civil service examination.
- The candidate must have an interest in the subject.
- the candidate must have an understanding of the subject they are choosing as an optional.
What are the advantages of choosing literature optional in mains?
Following are the advantages of choosing literature optional in mains:-
- There are very few students who choose literature optional so there is less competition if you use literature optional
- If you have a good feeling for literature then you can definitely get good scores in the examination.
- There is no limit on how well you write for this examination.
- The candidate can always take the heat off for your general studies preparation by reading something from the optional syllabus.
- The syllabus of literature still does not need any update once you are prepared for this subject; it remains unchanged for a couple of years.
What are the disadvantages of taking literature optional for IAS mains?
Along with so many advantages, there are some of the disadvantages of choosing literature optional in IAS mains that includes:-
- The answers of the students should be really unique, making them stand out from the crowd.
- a lot of things are subjective in this paper so this paper is considered as less scoring.
- It is recommended to the candidate that you should choose literature optional only if you have studied the subject in depth during your graduation.
- Very few coaching classes are available for these optional subjects.
- There is no overlap of the Literature optional with the general studies paper.
What factors should be considered while choosing an optional subject for UPSC?
There are different factors that should be considered while choosing an optional subject for the preparation of the UPSC Mains examination. these factors include study material availability nature of syllabus individual preferably, educational background, and many others and all these factors play a vital role in making a choice for the optional subject in UPSC to clear your doubts you should read out the factors that we are mentioning below so that you can choose the optional subject wisely.
- The candidate must have knowledge about the subject that they have chosen as an optional subject.
- The subject you are choosing as an optional subject should be similar to the general studies subject.
- The candidate should be familiar with the fact that the syllabus of the UPSC examination is quite lengthy and complicated so while choosing an optional subject for the preparation of the UPSC examination you should keep an eye on the syllabus of the optional subject.
- There should be good availability of study material so that the candidates can study in a better way.
Which optional subjects are most chosen by the candidates?
It is the choice of an individual to choose an hour of UPSC Mains examination however as analyzed the candidates who have excelled in the examination mostly prefer the following subjects that are mentioned below. If you are confused about choosing from the list of optional subjects you should check out this list and can choose a subject or paper of your choice for the UPSC civil service examination.
- Medical Science
- Public Administration
Frequently asked questions:-
How to choose the best optional subject for UPSC civil service examination?
Answer:- the candidates can make the best choice based on their educational qualification or interest in any particular subject for the optional paper in UPSC civil service examination.
How many optional subjects are there in UPSC?
Answer:- There are total-25 of optional subjects out of which a candidate can choose one subject for the optional paper.
Which subject is best for the UPSC mains optional?
Answer:- if you have studied any subject from the list of your graduation or you have an interest in any of the subjects you can choose that subject for the preparation of UPSC civil service examination. The candidates can also choose a subject whose syllabus overlaps with the general studies paper.
Is sociology a good optional subject for the UPSC mains examination?
Answer:- Sociology can be the best option for the candidate who wants to choose a subject for UPSC civil service examination. This paper will help you score good marks and will also help you in essays and better writing skills.
How many subjects are offered by UPSC for literature as optional?
Answer:- UPSC offers 28 language literature subjects as an optional out of which English is one.