About GATE 2022 Exam
Consistently, in the interest of the National Coordination Board (NCB)- GATE, Department of Higher Education, Ministry of Human Resource Development (MHRD), Government of India, IISc (Indian Institute of Technology, Bombay, Delhi, Guwahati, Kanpur, Kharagpur, Madras, and Roorkee) conducts the GATE Exam (Graduate Aptitude Test in Engineering).
Which IIT will organize GATE 2022 Exam?
IIT Kharagpur will host the GATE Exam in 2022. In September 2022, IIT KGP will release the official GATE 2022 notice, which will include the GATE Exam Date, GATE Eligibility, GATE Exam Pattern, and GATE Updated Syllabus.
The GATE 2022 exam will be held in several cities in the first week of February. Every year, around 9 lakh people take the GATE Exam, which is held on a nationwide basis. To pass the GATE 2022 Exam, a simple preparation method may not be sufficient; instead, one must work smarter. Because many prestigious institutes admit students to examine GATE Score for their admission process, and the same is true for the PSUs (Public Sector Undertakings) process, GATE Score holds a lot of weight.
The GATE 2022 exam is also held in nations such as Nepal, Singapore, and the United Arab Emirates. The GATE 2022 exam is a computer-based examination (CBT).
GATE 2022 – What’s New
- IIT Kharagpur has released two new exams for GATE 2022 this year. Naval Architecture & Marine Engineering and Geomatics Engineering are two new papers introduced this year.
- In some zones, the exam conducting authority has reduced the number of GATE 2022 exam centres.
- Just a single application form is needed for taking one or both competitive papers. If there are numerous applications, only one will be approved, and the others will be rejected with no refund of the fee paid.
- Direct recruitment, is now done based on GATE scores, to Group A level posts in the Central government, such as Senior Field Officer (Tele), Senior Research Officer (Crypto), and Senior Research Officer (S&T) at the Cabinet Secretariat and even the Government of India.
- Applicants who are taking more than one paper must pay the GATE 2022 application fee for each paper separately.
- Applicants taking Geology and Geophysics (GG), Humanities and Social Sciences (XH), and Architecture and Planning (AP) will get discrete scores and rankings (AR).
- Different meetings will be held for CE, CS, EC, EE, and ME papers. However, an applicant is only permitted to participate in ONE specific session.
- After the result is announced, applicants must retain the GATE 2022 scorecard in a safe place.
- The qualifying standards for EWS candidates are the same as for General candidates, at 90%.
GATE 2022 Syllabus (Tentative)
The schedule for GATE 2022 has been made accessible online by IIT Kharagpur. The GATE prospectus 2022 incorporates the disciplines and subjects that understudies should study to finish the test. Each paper’s GATE 2022 syllabus is different, thus candidates should verify according to the discipline they choose. Competitors ought to know that the General Aptitude part of the GATE 2022 test is required for all up-and-comers.
The GATE Syllabus changes depending on the courses chosen by students; however, the General Aptitude component is the same for all examinations. This component of General Aptitude is worth 15% of the total, whereas the core subjects are worth 85% of the total.
GATE 2023 Application Form
In the first week of September 2022, the application form for GATE 2022 will be accessible on the official website. After registration, applicants must fill out and submit their applications through the GATE Online Application System (GOAPS).
To complete the Application Form, you’ll need the following information:
- Information about yourself: Name, date of birth, mobile number, parents’ name, and mobile number (as per degree certificate or certificate issued by Institute)
- Communication Addresses (including PIN code)
- Details on the eligibility degree (Along with scanned copy)
- Name and full address of the college, with the PIN code
- Photograph and signature of candidates in good quality (480*640 pixel in Jpeg format with white background)
- Category (SC/ST) certificate (if applicable) in PDF format for GATE examination cities
- PwD Certificate (if relevant) and Dyslexia Certificate (if applicable) scanned in pdf format
- Specifications of a valid Identity Document (ID) (The identical ID should be brought to the examination hall in its original form.)
- Details for fee payment via net banking, debit card, or credit card
GATE 2022 Eligibility Criteria
The eligibility requirements for candidates taking the GATE exam in 2022 have been issued by IIT Kharagpur. Candidates should fulfil the GATE qualifying guidelines listed beneath, for confirmations through GATE 2022.
- Nationality – Candidates must be Indian citizens to be eligible for GATE 2022. If they match the eligibility requirements, candidates from foreign countries can apply for the GATE exam 2022.
- There is no upper age limit for taking the GATE 2022 exam.
- Academic Qualifications – Candidates must have finished or be in the final year of a Bachelor’s degree in Engineering/ Technology (B.E./B.Tech) or a Master’s degree in Science (M.Sc) in any relevant scientific field.
IIT Kharagpur GATE 2023 Registration
GOAPS is where candidates can register for GATE 2022. (GATE Online Application Processing System). For some fundamental details on GATE 2022 registration, please see the table below.
(1) Candidates must only use the internet to apply for the GATE 2023 test.
(2) GATE 2023 registration will open in the first week of September 2022.
(3) GATE 2023 registration will be available until the first week of October 2022.
(4) Candidates must first register as a “New User” in order to take the GATE 2023 exam.
(5) After completing the registration process, candidates can check in to GOAPS using their GOAPS Enrollment ID and GOAPS Password.
Following a successful GATE attempt, an aspirant can choose the best path to his or her eventual professional destination from a variety of options:
- M.Tech/M.S/M.E/Ph.D. programs are available at IISc Bangalore, IITs, NITs, IIITs, and other reputed colleges.
- A Post Graduate Diploma in Industrial Engineering (PGDIE), a Post Graduate Diploma in Manufacturing Management (PGDMM), or a Post Graduate Diploma in Project Management are all available at NITIE Mumbai (PGDPM).
- GATE scores are used to recruit for several famous Maharatna and Navratna PSUs and research institutes. IOCL, NTPC, BHEL, PGCIL, BARC, and CSIR are just a few examples.
- IITs, NITs, and other major educational institutions have employed me as a professor and assistant professor.
- Junior research fellows from ISRO, DRDO, BARC, CSIR, IITs, and other organizations
- Senior research fellows from ISRO, DRDO, BARC, CSIR, IITs, and other institutions
- Junior/Senior Research Associates
- Scientists are classified as “C” workers.
- There are various profitable opportunities in research and development after graduation.
- Multinational organizations use GATE scores to shortlist candidates.
- Certain international colleges offer M.S. or PhD programs based on GATE results.
Brief About GATE 2022 Exam
The GATE 2022 exam will be held on February 5, 6, 12, and 13 at the Indian Institute of Technology (IIT) Kharagpur. The GATE 2022 admit card will be available at gate.iitkgp.ac.in, on January 3. The GATE 2022 sample exam is currently available.
Applicants had till November 18 to correct any errors on their GATE application form 2022. The exam cities of Panipat, Sonepat, and Idukki have been cancelled by the authorities. Candidates who choose these places for the GATE 2022 exam can modify their cities during the rectification period without paying an additional fee until November 15. On October 7, the GATE 2022 registration was completed online at the gate.iitkgp.ac.in. Candidates were urged to read the GATE exam eligibility criteria 2022 before filling out the application form.
Two new GATE 2022 papers have been introduced this year: Naval Architecture & Marine Engineering and Geomatics Engineering, bringing the total number of GATE subject papers to 29. For the GATE 2022 exam, IIT Kharagpur has reduced the number of exam centres in various zones. Candidates who want to apply for M.Tech admission, other PG programs, or PSU recruitment using GATE can see if they are eligible for the exam in 2022.