How to Prepare For Gate Exam 2022 – Best Tips Here
The candidates who want to appear for the GATE examination need an effective strategy to crack the examination. The candidates need to strategically allot time to every topic that is included in the syllabus of the GATE examination. Preparing for the GATE examination will be something that is highly dependent on the subject paper the candidate opts for. It also involves a well-planned timetable, in-depth knowledge of the exam pattern, study material books recommended by the experts, and the knowledge of the syllabus. The candidates can pass the GATE examination with very good scores with the right plan, proper guidance, best books, and the preparatory materials when preparing for the toughest national level entrance examination like GATE. The candidate should ensure that they move in the right direction. The candidate can either make a timetable for following the study plan that is suggested by the experts. In this article, we are going to provide you with some of the important points that can help you in enhancing your knowledge and making your scores better in the entrance examination if the exam-taking strategy is excellent. The candidates can definitely score the best marks in the examination. Keep reading this article and enhance your preparation for the GATE examination.
Tips and Tricks For GATE Preparation 2022
If you rely on study material or on a coaching institute for the preparation of the GATE entrance examination you always need a well-planned strategy and understanding of the examination pattern of the GATE examination. The GATE question paper consists of 65 questions that carry 100 marks. Since there will be a negative marking for every wrong answer in multiple-choice questions, it is advised to the candidates to avoid guessing and is highly recommended to attempt only those questions that you are very sure of. The preparation strategy of the GATE examination is usually based on the abilities and hard work of a candidate. You can check the below-mentioned strategies for the effective preparation of the GATE examination.
Understand Concepts and Fundamentals
- Have a good knowledge of this syllabus.
- Prepare short notes for concepts and formulas.
- Focus on the concepts for all the topics.
- Have a strong grip on the concepts that are helpful.
- Make notes in such a way with the help of which you can revise at the time of the examination.
Start Early For GATE Preparation
- Analyze your routine time and the number of days or months that are required to complete a particular subject or topic.
- List all the important topics in order of the difficulty level.
- With the help of this, you will be able to put your efforts in the right direction.
- Not to get diverted from the preparation plan of the GATE examination.
Get the Best Study Resource for the Preparation of GATE Examination
- Have a trustable resource for the preparation.
- Keep an eye on the subject-related online videos and lectures of GATE.
- Get related online study e-books, articles, and many more that explain the complete syllabus.
- take help from the free video lectures from sources like YouTube and others.
- Refer to the professors of the Indian Institute of technology and recommend books from IES.
Make use of flashcards
- Make sticky notes to write down the important points.
- The sticky notes will help you while learning and revising difficult methods and formulas.
- List down all the formulas and concepts and stick them in front of your walls so that you can revise on a regular basis.
- Sticky notes will also help you in reminding the formulas and difficult topics.
Revision on a frequent basis
- The main thing that you should keep in your mind is to revise.
- A candidate should spend at least 2 hours on the revision.
- The revision will help you retain all the concepts and difficult formulas that you have studied the day before.
- The candidate can choose their revision daily or weekly but they should ensure that they are working as per the schedule or routine.
Solve Sample Paper Previous year Question Paper Mock Test Series
- The candidate should solve the moh mock test. It will help them gain experience to crack the real-time examination.
- Attempt more mock tests because this will enhance your problem-solving ability by helping you solve questions within a given time period.
- Every year the GATE exam conducting body releases the GATE mock test officially on their website.
- More GATE mock tests will boost your confidence, increase your accuracy, and will also help you in increasing your speed.
- GATE previous year question papers will also be helpful for the candidates. Many test series are provided to the students by GATE Academy, Made Easy, and other coaching institutes.
- The candidate should try choosing the reliable study resources that are suggested by the experts and the toppers.
GATE Preparation Timetable 2022
Every candidate has their own preparation style for the entrance examinations. The candidates can cater the time for the GATE preparation according to their learning and their ability. However, we have provided a minimum number of study hours and time you can dedicate to every subject in the topic.
|Day||At least 2 Hours||More Than 2 hours||2-3 hours|
|Monday||Engineering Math||Subject Specific Topics||Numerical Ability|
|Tuesday||Subject Specific Topics||Subject Specific Topics||Verbal Ability|
|Wednesday||Engineering Math||Subject Specific Topics||Subject Specific Topics
(Pick those that need more time)
|Thursday||Subject Specific Topics||Engineering Math
(Pick the ones that need more time to cover)
|Friday||Subject Specific Topics||Verbal Ability||Numerical Ability|
|Saturday||Subject Specific Test||Full-Length Mock Test||Analyze Your Mock Test|
|Sunday||Subject Specific Test||Full-Length Mock Test||Analyze Your Mock Test|
General Aptitude Preparation For GATE 2022
The GATE preparation of a candidate should be formulated based on perfect strategic planning. The general aptitude section in GATE is common for all the subjects the candidates are advised to prepare well for this section too. GATE general aptitude paper has been divided into two parts that are:-
- Numerical ability and
- Verbal ability
the candidate should refer to the below preparation strategy for the GATE preparation.
The Numerical Ability for GATE Preparation
- The numerical ability section is a scoring section in the GATE examination. This section covers all the fundamental topics and concepts.
- The candidate should learn time-saving techniques in the examination by solving more and more problems.
- you should create a formula sheet for yourself so that you can go through all the formulas on a regular basis.
- the student should use shortcuts and use them during the mock session.
- The candidate should maintain consistency while preparing for the numerical problems.
- one should utilize GATE preparation resources to the fullest.
GATE Preparation For Verbal Ability
- The verbal ability section can be helpful for the candidates but firstly you have to improve your vocabulary.
- The candidate should use online apps to improve their verbal skills. You should make a habit of having conversations in English.
- the candidate should start reading English newspapers and you should start using shortcuts to solve problems.
- the problems and you can refer to YouTube for detailed and simple sessions.
- The candidate can listen to the English podcast. It will also help you in increasing your vocabulary and speaking skills.
- The students should start learning tenses, adjectives, active-passive voices, and various other concepts of grammar. These fundamentals are necessary to learn for the candidates.
- one should read carefully and try to understand the meaning at the first go so you do not have to re-read.
Gate Preparation Engineering Mathematics
- If you are preparing for the differential equations then it is most important for you to remember Bernoulli’s equation and Euler’s differential equations.
- Eigenvalue and matrix algebra problems are the topics that are covered under the most important topics of Engineering mathematics. the candidate should not leave any linear algebra topic.
- The candidate should memorize the formula of the numerical methods like trapezoidal rules and Simpson’s rule.
- Statistics and probability is the other most important scoring topic in the GATE examination. The candidate should memorize based on Poisson law and others.
Is Coaching Best for the GATE Examination?
A lot of coaching institutes of a GATE prepare coaching classes for the candidates as well as training for the GATE examination due to the situation of covid-19 institutes have shifted to the online classes because it is impossible to attend the courses offline at the time of the pandemic. All these coaching institutes have great teaching faculty and professors who help the candidates in achieving their goals. All coaching institutes alone will not be sure that you will get selected in the GATE examination with a good ranking. The candidate needs to do consistent hard work and practice to get good scores in the GATE examination. The student should refer to the free YouTube lectures that are uploaded by the professors of the Indian Institute of technology and great lecturers. The students can also refer to more than one source for online videos to understand the important concepts or topics. If you are preparing for the first time then it is recommended for you to take help from the experts and the online instructor can provide you with perfect knowledge about the examination.
Resources For GATE Preparation
The candidates who are preparing for the GATE examination should ensure that they are using the best GATE preparation resources, especially those who do not opt for the coaching sessions. The candidates can also use great resources such as GATE important books, question paper sample papers, YouTube videos online or offline test series mock tests, and various other best resources for the preparation of the GATE examination. there are a lot of authors in the market who published GATE 2022 examination books however a candidate need to analyze and find out the best books for the preparation of the GATE examination if you are attempting the GATE examination then you should go through the last year’s GATE question paper to have an idea regarding the format and the pattern of the examination.
Online App for GATE Preparation
There are a lot of online apps for the GATE examination that provides training classes to the students for the GATE examination. following are some of the essential apps that are given below:-
GATE Online Test Series –
There are a lot of coaching institutes present in the market like Made easy the GATE Academy which provides real-time based exam experience to the candidates for the preparation of the GATE examination. they have their own apps that are easy to use and accessible to all the candidates the test in classes are prepared for the candidates so that they can get the useful and specific information
Previous Year Question Papers –
This app is designed in such a manner that every student can get access and use this app for the preparation of the GATE examination. Most of the time these apps provide MCQ with solutions and also offer a comment window where the candidates can express their doubts. The candidates can prepare the mock tests and can also prepare the test series on the basis of the GATE question paper of the last 3 years.
This app for the preparation of the GATE examination can give you access to different test series, video lectures, and problem discussions. Along with this app provides you a platform for daily group discussions and problem-solving sessions with the GATE toppers of the previous year from their team.
Books For the Preparation of GATE Examination
The candidates who are going to appear for the GATE examination can check the following list for the preparation of GATE 2022.
Mechanical Engineering Books
|Subject||Book Name – Author|
|Design of Machine Element||Machine Design by VB Bhandari|
|Engineering Mechanics||Engineering Mechanics by Bhavikatti|
|Heat Transfer||Heat & Mass Transfer by JP Hollman-RC Sachdeva|
|Fluid Mechanics||Fluid Mechanics by RK Bansal/Modi and Seth|
|Industrial Engineering||By OP Khanna, Buffa, and Sarin|
|Strength of Materials||By Gere and Timoshenko/BC Punamia|
|Thermo – Dynamics||By Cengel|
|Vibrations||Mechanical Vibration by Grover|
Civil Engineering Books
|Subject||Book and Author|
|Strength of Material||B. C Punmia, UC Jindal, R. K Bansal|
|Design of Steel Structure||SK Duggal|
|Structural Analysis||Theory of Structure by S. Ramamrutham & R. Narayan|
|RCC Design||Refer to the book Reinforced Concrete Design written by Devdas Menon and S Pillai|
|Environment Engineering||SK Garg|
|Fluid Mechanics-Hydraulics||Written by PN Modi and SM Seth|
|Engineering Hydrology||K Subramanya|
|Highway Engineering||S. K. Khanna & C. E. G. Justo|
|Fluid Mechanics||Yunus Senegal|
Engineering Mathematics Books
|Higher Engineering Math||BS Grewal|
|GATE Engineering Math||Arihant Publications|
|Advanced Engineering Math||Erwin Kreyszig|
Electrical Engineering Books
|Subjects||Author and Books|
|Electromagnetic Fields||Engg Electromagnetics by WH Hayt, JA Buck|
|Signal and System||By PS Bhimbhra
By Alan S Willsky, S Hamid Nawab
|Power System||By CL Wadhwa
By Nagrath & Kothari
|Control System||IJ Nagrath & M Gopal|
|Power Electronics||By PS Bhimbhra|
|Analog and Digital Electronics||Integrated Electronics: Analog And Digital Circuits And Systems by Christos C. Halkias, Chetan D. Parikh, Jacob Millman.
Digital Design by M.Morris Mano.
Electronics and Communications Books
|Subjects||Books and Author|
|Networks||Fundamentals of Electrical Circuits by Charles K. Alexander, Matthew N. O. Sadiku|
|Signal and System||Signal and System by Alan V. Oppenheim, Allan S. Willsky, S.Hamid Nawab|
|Digital Circuits||Digital Logic and Computer Design by M.Morris Mano|
|Electromagnetics||Principle of Electromagnetics by Matthew N. O. Sadiku|
|Analog Circuits||Microelectronic Circuits: Theory and Applications by Kenneth C Smith|
|Analog and Digital Communication||Principles of Communication by Herbert Taub, Goutam Saha, Donald Schilling|
Computer Science and Engineering Books.
|Subject||Books and Author|
|Algorithms||Introduction to Algorithms by Thomas H. Cormen, Charles E. Leiserson, Ronald L. Rivest, Clifford Stein|
|Operating System||Operating System concepts by Silberschartz Galvin, Gagne|
|Theory of Computation||An Introduction to Formal languages and Automata by Peter Linz|
|Databases||Refer to the book named Database System Concepts written by Silberschatz, Sudarshan, and Korth|
|Digital Logic||Digital Logic and Computer Design by M. Morris Mano|
Important Points to Remember for GATE 2022.
Here, we will provide you with the final steps for the preparation of the GATE examination that a candidate can utilize during the last days of their preparation.
Keep revising while you are still preparing
If you have completed the maximum syllabus then you should try to avoid new topics for the preparation and from now you should start revising. If the topics are very important then you should go through some important topics or make notes.
Solved Mock test Series
Take a complete mock test every day once you finish the syllabus. This will help you in analyzing how much you are improving day by day before the examination. The candidate should identify their strengths and weaknesses and work on this. Time management plays a very important role in the GATE examination so a regular mock test will help you in increasing your accuracy and speed.
The candidate should try making notes of everything they read and they should not rely on the topics from YouTube and online lectures too much. You should keep revising your notes on a regular basis. Once you complete revising you will see that you are memorizing everything that will really help you in scoring better marks.
More Focus on the Numerical
The candidate should attempt the numerical answer type-based questions because this section does not have any negative marking so you can prepare well for this section.
Always follow a healthy life routine
While preparing for any examination the candidate usually avoids following a healthy diet and sleep pattern but at this stage, it is important to follow a healthy diet and good sleeping patterns as it will help you in enhancing your concentration level. The candidate should ensure that they follow a healthy lifestyle and will plan and schedule that will help them in preparing well for the GATE examination.
Prepare the Test day Procedure
The candidate has to go through the number of inquiries they need to make for an ideal GATE score. This paper will have negative marking so there is no need to attempt all the questions. If you are not sure about the answers, the candidate should know that their strengths are very helpful for them and they should Play along to score well in the examination. There is no sectional time limit so the candidate can choose any section and start attempting the one they are confident about. It is highly suggested to the candidates to avoid guessing the answers as there is a negative marking in the wrong answers in multiple-choice questions and multiple select questions.